San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Worldloppet Member Since 2014
The Ushuaia Loppet is 42 kilometers long and was created by the Club Andino Ushuaia (CAU). It was intended as a complement to its sister race, the Marchablanca, and the most important race in South America. The Marchablanca began in 1986 and has two distances, 21kms (elite) and 10 kms (promotional).
The 2017 Ushuaia Loppet 50 KM classic race will take place Saturday August 12th starting in the Tierra Mayor Valley. The 50 KM event is an official Worldloppet event. The accompanying 25 KM classic event on the same date is organized by the Club Andino Ushuaia and is a “popular” or citizens’ race.Frequently Asked Questions
The Club Andino Ushuaia is excited to share with you the below possibilities of visiting Tierra del Fuego in the Patagonia region of Argentina in order to participate in or attend the Ushuaia Loppet, Marchablanca, and the start of the 2017-18 Worldloppet season.
The following are travel and tourism packages intended to help visiting skiers enjoy their visit to the Ushuaia Loppet 50/25 KM classic technique race and the Marchablanca 21 KM free technique race. Please see the attached registration materials and details regarding those same events.
The Organizing Committee of the events has partnered with Ushuaia Outdoors as the official tourism agency of the Ushuaia Loppet and Marchablanca. Ushuaia Outdoors is a full service travel agency committed to welcoming service among its professional guides. Ushuaia Outdoors operates its own transportation services in order to make getting around the Ushuaia region simple and easy. Ushuaia Outdoors also works hand in hand with The Club Andino Ushuaia to make details stress free.
In 2011, The Ushuaia Loppet was born out of the need to establish a marathon distance nordic event and to accommodate the growing number of foreign skiers visiting Tierra del Fuego during the austral winter.
In 2014, the Worldloppet granted membership to the Ushuaia Loppet which is funded and supported by the nonprofit and historic Club Andino Ushuaia, the Fuegian tourism office (INFUETUR), and Argentina’s national tourism office.
Come join us for cross-country skiing in August at “The End of The World!”
Are there identification or age requirements to enter the event?
DNI or passport is required. One must be eighteen or older to enter the 50 KM and 16 or older to enter the 25 KM.
What are the transportation and parking options?
Transportation is free on race day.
How can I contact the organizer if I have questions?
The Race Secretary can be reached at +54 9 2901546277 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the refund policy?
In case of cancellation due to conditions, 70% of the amount paid by the skier will be refunded. The remaining 30% can be applied as a credit by the skier for the following year’s race.
Should I bring my printed ticket to the event?
It is not necessary to present one’s printed ticket.
Can I transfer the registration fee or the ticket?
Entry is not transferable.